Friday, September 11, 2009

Can you take a break now?

So, today I played piano in my study hall. To me, I guess playing just relieves stress/calms my nerves. Today had been a great day, until my school's Dean of students poked his head in and said "can you take a break now?" I don't know what to think. A break from what? Enjoying my short break? Using my mind? Being creative? I'm trying to do something prolific, rather than sitting outside and being a vegetable. Sadly, with no work to do, I'm expected to either sit silently or quietly chat with others in the school lounge. I want to do more. I only say this because today I thought about Descartes' quote "I think, therefore I am." If I don't think, what am I? Yeah, I could concentrate more about school, but being a semi-rebellious highschooler, I want a break to do something new.

1 comment:

  1. I agree...it made me mad when that happened because you playing also calmed me down by getting to listen to good music and yet he stopped you. Some things just don't make sense

    ReplyDelete